Dental hygiene is extremely important because oral health problems can have a huge impact on your quality of your life, not to mention your smile. We all get only one set of adult teeth, so we need to look after them to ensure we can keep one of our most important assets for as long as possible.
Call us Toll Free, 24 Hours a Day, 7 Days a Week at (888) 985-5898.
Recent studies have shown that there is a strong connection between your dental health and your overall physical health and well being. This only means oral diseases should not be taken lightly because in time, they can significantly affect your physical, social, and psychological well-being, and you might have to change the way you speak, eat, or act just to hide a problem you are having or to avoid pain.
To reduce the risk of oral diseases and to maintain bright and healthy smiles, keep in mind the golden rules of oral hygiene and dental care:
- Brush and floss your teeth after every meal especially before bedtime. Use a soft-bristled toothbrush and fluoride toothpaste to remove food particles and plaque from the tooth surfaces. Also, replace your toothbrush every three months to get those squeaky clean teeth.
- Visit your dentist at least twice a year and schedule regular checkups. Oral exams and professional cleanings should be done every 6 months.
- Avoid sweet and acidic foods as well as tobacco products, and make sure you eat a healthy diet. Drink sodas in moderation as its acidic nature can erode a tooth’s enamel, and as much as possible, avoid smoking as this can cause yellow discoloration, not to mention oral cancer.
- If you need to eat in between meals, nutritious foods such as raw vegetables, plain yogurt, cheese or a piece of fruit should be chosen.
- Make it a habit to regularly examine the inside of your mouth for any signs of disease. Be on the lookout for bleeding gums, plaques, and numbness as these can be symptoms of even bigger problems. The earlier you address it, the better.
- Wear mouth protection such as a mouthguard when you play contact sports or extreme sports.
- Reduce your dependency on coffee. If you really need to, use artificial sweeteners.
We believe that a new, healthy smile should be yours for years to come. At DentistPhone, you could have just that, with our complete approach to dental care. We take great pride in the quality of our service and care and wish to make your dental appointments a pleasant experience. Call DentistPhone at (888) 985-5898 to schedule your appointment today.